In April 2016 I wrote a review for a health book that I read in March. I saw through the magic of Instagram that Carrie read and reviewed the same exact book. I jokingly said “We should start a healthy blogger book club”. Then I told her about the book I was currently reading and planning to review next. As fate would have it, Carrie was already reading and planning to review the exact same book too. That’s when we decided to take this healthy blogger book club idea seriously. And now we want to include other bloggers who love health books just as much as we do.
Here’s the deal. Carrie and I are sharing hosting duties of the book club. She’ll post the link-up on the first Thursday of odd months (i.e. May = 5) and I’ll post the link-up on the first Thursday of even months (i.e. June = 6). We’ll recommend a health book, but it’s not required reading. If we’re reading a book about optimizing sleep and you want to read a book about raw veganism then go ahead and do it! It’s up to you. The only exceptions are that it must be health-related and not too extreme or offensive. In case you missed any of that, check out the guidelines below.
The goal of Healthy Blogger Book Club (#hbbc) is to expose bloggers interested in living healthy lifestyles to new authors and content. Plus, it’s a fun way to link-up to a community of like-minded, healthy bookworms.
Alright, healthy bookworms! Go read a book and I’ll see you back here on the first Thursday of the month.
- July 6, 2017: Sexy By Nature by Stefani Ruper (@carriecleaneating)
- August 3, 2017: The Power of When by Michael Breus (@wholesomeparadise)
- September 7, 2017: TBD (@carriecleaneating)
- October 5, 2017: The Keto Diet by Leanne Vogel (@wholesomeparadise)
- November 2, 2017: TBD (@carriecleaneating)
- December 7, 2017: Breathe by Belisa Vranich (@wholesomeparadise)
- May 5, 2016: A Mind of Your Own by Kelly Brogan MD (@carriecleaneating)
- June 2, 2016: Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson (@wholesomeparadise)
- July 7, 2016: It Was Me All Along by Andie Mitchell (@carriecleaneating)
- August 4, 2016: The Nature Principle by Richard Louv (@wholesomeparadise)
- September 1, 2016: The Hormone Secret by Tami Meraglia (@carriecleaneating)
- October 6, 2016: Your Holistically Hot Transformation by Marissa Vicario (@wholesomeparadise)
- November 3, 2016: The Power of Rest by Matthew Edlund (@carriecleaneating)
- December 1, 2016: Food Freedom Forever by Melissa Hartwig (@wholesomeparadise)
- January 5, 2017: Eat Dirt by Josh Axe (@carriecleaneating)
- February 2, 2017: Keto Clarity by Jimmy Moore (@wholesomeparadise)
- March 2, 2017: Smart Fat by Steven Masley & Jonny Bowden (@carriecleaneating)
- April 6, 2017: The Case Against Sugar by Gary Taubes (@wholesomeparadise)
- May 4, 2017: Head Strong by Dave Asprey (@carriecleaneating)
- June 1, 2017: Move Your DNA by Katy Bowman (@wholesomeparadise)